I would assume some of you have at home analog TV sticks - in my case I have Pinnacle one - 340e.
It is nice tool. To listen to radio or to watch TV - if this works as expected...
But it could be used as well to record your old video from camera directly to your computer.
What you need to use that:
Let's look at the drivers. To download drivers you can visit PCTV website - JUST CLICK HERE
For safety - as this si quite old model - I have uploaded drivers here PCTV_340e_801e_(22.214.171.124).zip.
I have tested those drivers and all works fine as well in Windows 10 - I have used standard 64bit version.
How to install drivers... First of all unzip the file with drivers. Insert stick - normally Windows would not be able to find drivers for this one. So we are going to add drivers manually.
- Start Explorer.
- Go to the folder with proper driver version - 32 or 64 bit - check your system
- Select the .inf file - right mouse click and choose Install
- Driver should be installed - connect the stick and if all was correct - it should install.
- In Hardware Managed you should see this stick in Sound and Video controllers section.
- If you see this stick in Hardware Manager in Unknown section - select this - go to Properties and update drivers manually pointing to folder with drivers.
It is now ready to go.
We have two possibilities - we can use PCTV software - which is not my favourite - link to this is here - it is TV Center. TV center is the way to go for not advanced users.
So if you are filling not really familiar with OBS - use TV Center (follow documentation from Pinnacle).
It would potentially work and be able to do what expected.
But - I think better solution and more flexible is to use open source recorder - OBS - which you can download from here
I would focus on this solution. So please download and install this. Additionally you can install any codecs you want - OBS can use those.
How to record from this sctick.
- Install OBS (64bit version recommended - it would install both normally)
- Start OBS software.
- First of all go to File → Settings
- In Output define place to save your video.
5. Define as well Audio and Video options. You can change sound quality and video quality - for example keeping all HD or FullHD.
6. Close OBS Settings and go back to software. Go to Source and press + button to add new source. We need to add two sources - eventually - one for video, second one for audio.
6a. Video Capture Device - click this and select to Add. In settings search for your Video capture card. Select Analog capture device.
Select now to configure Video. Set proper type etc.
You can as well select another audio source - if you connected camera to computer:
You can as well mix sound - using two capture devices... - sound from camera plus you can inthe same way add Audio Captude Device.
If all is set you should see on the left screen what card is able to display. Play some movie from camera to check if you can see something.
You can modify as well size.
If all is ready and you can see all on left - click Transition to see the result - then just go fo record.